It sounds a little silly, but for a while now I’ve been dreaming of the beautiful desk space I’m going to build for myself when I move out and start freelancing full time. I’ve been pinning beautiful pictures of inspiring workspaces to my ‘dream desks’ board for years and drooling over all the gorgeous spaces with bright white walls and natural sunlight streaming in.
I have a desk in my bedroom, but it’s small and in the corner. Not to mention that my bedroom is in the basement, so I wouldn’t call it the most inspiring space in the world. Most of the time I do my work sitting on the couch or in an armchair with my laptop, sometimes even in front of the TV (eek don’t kill me I know it’s awful). When I’m feeling really ambitious I sit upstairs at the kitchen table with all my materials spread out and get a tonne of work done.
But, now that I’m freelancing full time (my last day at work was Saturday!) and I’m moving out soon (hopefully September 1st) the possibility of building my dream workspace is actually real. I’m looking at apartments with white walls and bright light and there’s actually room above ground for a desk to go. I can’t wait to actually put it in place and have my first workday in my inspiring new office. I’m pulling small elements of every gorgeous workspace I see to create my own ideal space. Here are ten inspiring spaces that I’m using to dream up my soon-to-be desk.
1. Though I use a planner (I’m going to buy a Day Designer for 2016), a chalkboard calendar like this one is an amazing idea.
2. I love with all the green space on this desk. I’m thinking of building a collection of succulents for my own space.
3. I really want to create a board or something like this one where I can hang relevant work info, inspiring quotes, and beautiful imagery.
4. I love the idea of turning the inspiration wall into a 3D place to hang objects and tools like this one in Mandy Pellegrin’s space.
5. I saw a cart exactly like this one at Ikea and I just might splurge for it. Having a rolling collection of all the things I need to work would be amazing.
6. The idea of sitting here and working and curling my toes up in a fluffy throw like this one on a cold winter’s day is dreamy.
7. Love love love all the natural light flowing into a space and brightening it up like this one. Is there even a light on anywhere!? NO.
8. A filing cabinet desk like this one is just gorgeous. I love that it looks vintage and super clean and modern at the same time. Love it.
9. I would love to find a chair like this one in this gorgeous desk space. My only reservation is that I really want one that rolls. But it’s just so pretty.
10. I’m in love with wood grain desktops like this one, though I’ll probably end up using a simple white one.
Disclaimer: These images are beautiful aren’t they? But they are not my own. I have borrowed them from blogs and websites that inspire me, with the intention of building community through the sharing and linking of quality content. If you see your image here and would like it removed, simply contact me here.